Styling French Dot


I really like looking back at how I styled dresses each time I wear them since I think it helps inspire me to try something different the next time! Today lets look at French Dot from Angelic Pretty! I own this JSK in red and have both the belt, two shoulder bows, and pin that come with it. 

2018

 

The first time I wore this JSK was shortly after receiving it in the mail. I styled my hair in little orbs to be reminiscent of the polka dots on the dress. Otherwise this coord is pretty straight forward! I didn't use the belt this time which will be a reoccurring theme!

2019

       

The second time I wore this dress was May 2019, shortly after I moved down to Southern California.  I was going for a Hello Kitty theme since we went to the Hello Kitty Cafe that day! Other than the bow on the front of this dress, the whole coord is white and red, which always makes me think of Kitty! I'm wearing the same blouse and shoes as before so its a similar feel to the first coordinate.



     

I wore it again in August of 2019, Kat and I went to a Mickey and Minnie exhibit in Downtown Disney and took a bunch of pictures together. This time I themed the outfit around Minnie Mouse so I went with large twin buns, a big headbow and yellow shoes. Still wearing the same blouse and socks!


2021


 

The next time I wore this was in February of 2021! It doesn't surprise me that with the pandemic happening I didn't dress up as much. This time I wanted to do a pink and red Valentines themed coord so I covered up the blue bows on the front of the dress and wore both a pink blouse and pink socks. I really loved this coord and have styled the dress similarly to this a couple times since then! 



  

 With this coord I tried to pull out the blues, but since I didn't own anything in the same bright blue of the front blue I went with sax instead. I think it works really well and pulling in the Honey Cake bag was a fun choice! I almost wanna try this again but bring in yellow as well and do something entirely in primary colors. 


2022 

  

 I wore this JSK again in January of 2022 but this time I styled a cardigan over it and it had more of a skirt appearance. Similarly to the Hello Kitty coord this one is almost entirely red and white. With the Fancy Melody cardigan bringing in a musical theme I also wore socks with a treble clef on them! (you can't really see it with those shoes though)




March 2022 I wore French Dot again on a work trip to Spain! I picked red because it matched my company color and I styled it with pink as it was cold in Barcelona at the time and this pink cardigan went with all three outfits I was bringing. This one isn't too different from how I styled it for Valentines day and you can really see how I'm enjoying this color palatte for this dress.


2023

   

I again wore this for February 2023 for Valentines day. Once again this is styled almost exactly the same way as the coordinate from February 2021. I did wear the Lovely Heart Jacket this time and I think it helps drive home the love theme. 

-

As I was thinking about this post I slowly began considering ways I had yet to wear this JSK. One big thing that I feel like I don't work with as often is the blue present in both the ribbon along the neckline of the JSK and the blue in the belt. Because its more of a true blue than a sax blue I generally don't have a lot of matching accessories. However it does make me think of primary colors, like a bold red, blue, and yellow combination! I kept thinking it would be a very different way of styling this dress that I had yet to try. So earlier this March I gave it a try! 

2024

Here is my primary color driven coord with French Dot that I wore in March 2024! I wore the belt with it which I almost never have, and paired it with a striped yellow blouse and striped yellow socks! I also wore it with the Honey Cake bag which has all of the primary colors from the coord and brought in the Honey Cake necklace to match! I also wore this cute vintage heart bangle I got recently at a antique store, its so perfect for lolita! 




Overall it feels like this dress is one of the mainstays of my wardrobe, I always feel like I can find new and satisfying ways of styling it and its so fun and fresh. I hope you enjoyed this look back with me! 💘

Comments

Popular Posts